Friday 26 March 2010

Wind Bound In Medoc

With the strong southerly wind continuing
to blow against us,
we decide to stay put in Port Medoc for a few days,
Still, not that bad. The Medoc region of Bordeaux is home to four of the most famous appellations in France, Saint-Estephe, Pauillac, Saint-Julien, and Margaux. The area known as the Medoc runs along the western bank of the Gironde estuary, covering a 50 mile (80km) strip from the city of Bordeaux to the Atlantic Ocean. The larger, southern section of the Medoc is known as the Haut-Medoc, and it is here where more fine wine is produced per hectare than almost anywhere else in the world.
Great, so with that in mind its off to hunt some down.

4 comments:

  1. OOOOh I am tasteing oak, rose petals ,honey,and goats testica........ Wait a minute would you just get on with it. My back is killing me and I need a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on with the sailing and stop sounding like a wine tart!!I though it was only posh people like me that new about appellation wine!!! Save a bottle for when we come back. Lorna good to see you've got your see legs.Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo bob-ting. missing you, looking forward to coming out and sun bathing :) but only when its hot. see you soon bruv! love from your lovely daughter :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiSimon, Apprently I am not a full member to be able to follow you, but this is on Susans comptor, hope you are OK, I will try and get on to be a member. See you soon, take care love you, mum.

    ReplyDelete